The Orchid PRO-DNA Paternity Test offers a clear unequivocal answer. If the presumed father is in fact the biological father, the paternity test will be confirmed with a minimum probability of 99.99%, if a sample from the mother is provided. If the presumed father is not the biological father, the probability of paternity will be 0%.

Private Option (Home Test)

The Paternity Test is performed using samples collected at home, provided that you do not need the results of the DNA analysis for legal purposes (see below for our legal option). Our laboratory will send you a sampling kit containing all the necessary material for the collection of the samples as well as instructions and a consent form.

If you need the results of the DNA test to be used in a legal context, Orchid PRO-DNA offers a service that ensures the admissibility of the test results in court. Simply contact us to make an appointment in one of our collection centres near you. For the results to be legally admissible, all of the participants must go to a collection centre, present official identification with a photograph (ex. driver’s licence, medical card, etc.) and provide a photograph, after which the samples will follow a strict chain of custody.

Prenatal Paternity Test

Orchid PRO-DNA now offers a new prenatal paternity test for expecting mothers who wish to obtain paternity results before the birth of the child which is non-invasive, posing no risk to the mother or fetus. For more information on our Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test, click here. The traditional prenatal paternity test requires a sample of amniotic fluid, which can be obtained at the same time as testing for foetal anomalies. Please contact us if you would like to order a prenatal paternity test and we will inform you of the procedure.

Post-Mortem Paternity Test

Orchid PRO-DNA can perform a paternity test even when the person concerned is deceased. A variety of biological samples (biopsy, blood clot, hair, etc.), even if they are several years old, can be used for DNA tests as the DNA molecule is extremely stable. Please contact us if you would like to order a post-mortem paternity test and we will inform you of the procedure.

Results

Results for our standard paternity test are provided within 5 work days following the receipt of the samples at our laboratory. We also offer an accelerated service by which results are provided within 3 work days. Results are transmitted by mail or through our web portal (e-mail notice) to the eligible persons specified on the consent forms.

Cost

The private paternity test includes a sampling kit, easy-to-follow instructions and a consent form.

Paternity Test $249 Order Now
Options:
Legal Option$250
Additional Participant$175
3-Day Service$250
Canadian dollars

A reduced rate is available to individuals who are admissible for legal aid. For more information, contact your local legal aid office or consult the Commission des services juridiques website.

Sample

The DNA test is performed on a buccal swab sample (saliva). Since every cell of our body contains the same DNA, it is possible to extract each participant’s DNA from collected saliva cells and perform the requested genetic analysis. This simple, painless type of collection procedure yields results that are as reliable as blood sampling results. Moreover, it can be performed as easily on a newborn or child as on an adult.

How to Order

Online

Order online using our secure website. For the security of our customers, credit card information is transferred to the financial institution; Orchid PRO-DNA does not have access to credit card information.

Telephone

Call us at (450) 901-3072 or toll-free at 1-800-565-4505.

E-mail or Fax

Fill out one of the following forms and send it to us by e-mail at info@orchidprodna.ca or
fax it to us at (450) 901-3082:

Home DNA Test Application
Legal DNA Test Application
Legal DNA Test Application (for lawyers)
Legal DNA Test Application (for government)
Legal DNA Test Application (for immigration)
Anonymous DNA Test Application